SKILLS FOR A LIFETIME OF SAFE DRIVING
DRIVER EDUCATION PROGRAMS
ODOT Teen Class Update
Thank you for your interest in driver training with Pacific Driver Education. We are proud to continue offering services even during the ongoing pandemic. As a company, we chose to halt in-person classroom instruction and limit how many students are allowed in a vehicle at a time. Our safety protocols have kept our clients and instructors safe for over a year. Unfortunately, these precautions do not allow us to conduct an in-classroom ODOT course at this time.
We have an excellent alternative course called Intro to Driving which will change your student's experience slightly. The chart below outlines the differences and advantages of each program. If you prefer an ODOT course, we hope to offer that again later this year, our goal is to have a class in Gresham and Beaverton in the Fall.
Teen Driver Education
No two teens are alike!
Most teens want to learn to drive but like everyone, they have different needs. When it comes to driving instruction, they need options. It’s important to families and driving schools to teach at times and in ways that meet those needs.
Some things to consider when choosing a driving program for your teenager:
- Your student's learning style
- School schedule
- Extracurricular clubs
- Sports schedules
- Religious obligations
- Family schedules
- Part-time job
The Traditional Approach
- 30 hours of required classroom seat time
- Weekly driver education classroom time for 8 to 10 weeks
- Six two-hour driving lessons with two student drive partners
- Makeup time required if you fall below 30 hours
- Both students must attend lessons, or they have to be rescheduled
A Self-Directed Approach to Driver Training
- You can begin your course as soon as tomorrow - you are a class of one very important student
- 30 hours of classroom work, delivered as an online, interactive course
- Students can complete the online lessons at their own pace
- Driving lessons are solo drives with an instructor
- We set up lessons that fit your student's schedule
- We have installed a two-way dash cam in each vehicle that is always in operation during drives for safety
- A parent is always welcome to ride along during driving lessons