Imagine driving along, listening to the music on your radio, and all of a sudden you hear a thud and your car jumps a bit. You didn’t see anything in the road, so you simply keep driving. Anyone who…Read More
DMV Drive Test
All of our examiners are trained and certified by the Oregon DMV
Pacific Driver Education does not have access to DMV records and cannot confirm your eligibility to test with us. You are responsible for confirming this with DMV prior to your test. Pacific Driver Education can provide DMV road tests, often earlier than other Gresham or Portland-area locations.
PLEASE NOTE: if you take private lessons with us, that in not a guarantee that you will pass your drive test. Additionally, your drive instructor can not administer your drive test.
Convenient Online Scheduling
- Reschedules & cancellations must be made with a 36-hour notice
- Payment is required to hold your appointment
- Need a car to use? Call to check for availability and to schedule – $25 additional fee
- Must have current insurance, unless you use our car
- You do not need to be listed on the insurance or registration in order to test
- Headlights, taillights, turn signals, brake lights must be in working condition
- Horn must honk
- Passenger side door must function and open from the inside and outside
- Vehicle must have seat belts with shoulder restraint
- Car must be in good working condition and reasonably clean
What to expect on the day of the test
- Arrive 15 minutes early
- Park; nose in, to a parking spot at the Burnside Plaza building
- Bring photo ID & current car insurance into the office
- You do not need to be listed on the insurance or registration to test
Eligibility OVER 18
- Completed knowledge test & vision screening at DMV
- No suspended or revoked driving privileges
- No one in the at-risk driver program will be tested
Eligibility UNDER 18
- Must have parent/guardian at our office for duration of test
- Must have valid permit at time of test
- Minors must also complete Safe Practices test at DMV
After the test
- If you passed, you will receive a sealed envelope with your test results inside
- These results are only valid for 30 days
- DO NOT OPEN THE ENVELOPE
- DMV will take your photo & charge an additional license fee
- If you fail, you will receive instruction on what to fix for the next test
- DMV sets wait times after failures, check with them before taking another test
- You do not have to retest with us
Terms and Conditions for DMV Drive Test
YOU MUST show up 10 minutes prior to your test. If you are more than 10 minutes late you have to reschedule your test.
PLEASE NOTE: DMV is not involved in scheduling, canceling or rescheduling your drive test with us. If you have any questions, please contact Pacific Driver Education at – (503) 766-3567.
To be eligible to take a driving test:
- If you are 16 or 17 years old, you must have held an instruction permit from Oregon or another state for a minimum of six months.
- If your permit is from a state other than Oregon, you must take the Oregon knowledge test at a DMV office before you can take a driving test.
- If you are 18 or older, you must have passed the knowledge test and vision screening at a DMV prior to taking your drive test.
- You must not have suspended or revoked driving privileges in Oregon or any other state.
- You must observe the proper wait time between tests if you have previously failed an exam at any testing location (see wait times below).
Pacific Driver Education does not provide testing for
- Individuals in the At-Risk Driver Program or
- Individuals who require the addition or removal of adaptive equipment.
You must bring a photo ID to the test. If you are taking the test in your car, you must have a copy of your current insurance information.
Cancellations, Rescheduling and Refunds
Pacific Driver Education does not issue refunds for any reason. If you book more than one test a refund will not be issued for the second test. If you schedule an appointment and you are not eligible to take the test, you will forfeit your exam fees. If you are ill or fail to bring your photo ID, you will be allowed one opportunity to reschedule your appointment. A second failure to appear will result in forfeiture of all exam fees. Registration cancellations with at least 36 hours notice will be refunded the full amount minus a $5 merchant transaction fee.
PLEASE NOTE: the certificate of test completion expires 30 days from your test date.