2 April 2020
We continue to monitor the available information about the progress of the pandemic and the lockdown orders of the state and federal governments. Here is the most recent information that we have gathered:
- It appears that the federal social distancing guidelines will remain in place until at least the end of April.
- The Governor hasn’t made a specific announcement yet, but the state official in charge of schools says he believes Oregon students will remain out of the classroom for the rest of the school year.
- The President said yesterday that the federal government guidelines going forward may very well require all Americans to wear masks when they are in public.
- The President and Dr. Fauci also stated that the next two weeks are going to be very, very difficult in terms of the spread of the virus, with the possibility of extremely dramatic increases in the number of deaths.
- The recommendation to all of us is to be even more diligent in staying home, trying to avoid even going to the grocery store for the next two weeks.
Those are hard statements to accept and to process. Unfortunately, they mean we will not be able to reopen next Monday, as we had hoped. How could any of us have anticipated this kind of catastrophe?
Please be assured that meeting our obligation to you to provide drive tests and lessons is our highest priority. As soon as we are able to return to work, we will begin again to provide those services. If you have already signed up for a lesson, class or drive test, we will retain your position in the queue.
Keep checking our website for the latest information on our response to the current health crisis. If you need to contact us feel free to reach out to one of our customer support specialists with any questions. You can also contact us via email at Support@PacificDriverEducation.com or by phone at 503-766-3567. If you would like to be placed on a wait list for us to call or eMail you when we all go back to work you can do so at the link here: